Vision & Values
South Downs School: Vision
- We will provide a positive, safe and caring community where pupils are happy, confident and enjoy their learning
- We promote children’s rights with an emphasis on equality and cultural diversity. Core British values are reflected in our school values.
- We promote inclusion and recognise and respect each pupil as an individual.
- We promote Learning Outside the Classroom
- We celebrate all pupils’ learning, and support their wellbeing in all contexts
- Our school will make a significant difference to the lives of our pupils by supporting them to learn, make friends, be part of the world around them and enjoy life.
Our vision will be achieved by ensuring that each unique pupil with autism and/or SLCN is provided with the skills that they need to:
- Be as independent as possible
- Build relationships with adults and peers
- Enjoy learning
- Be a valued part of a community
- Self Advocate
South Downs School: Values
- To learn the skills to communicate and form positive relationships
- To enable pupils to make choices independently
- To encourage curiosity, creativity and a love of learning
- To foster the development of pupils’ independence and life skills
- To promote pupils’ self-worth and well-being
We promote inclusion, equality and cultural diversity. Core British values are reflected in our school values.