Vision Statement - The Southfield Centre
At Summerdown School and The Southfield Centre, we will:
- provide a positive, safe and caring community where pupils/students are happy, confident and successful.
- promote children’s rights, inclusion, equality and cultural diversity. Core British values are reflected in our school values.
- recognise and respect each student as an individual, celebrate their successes, raise their self-esteem and prepare them for their future by building on their strengths.
- make a significant and positive difference to the lives of our children by inspiring them to learn, collaborate, contribute to their community and enjoy life.
The Southfield Trust Core Aspirations:Our Trust Development Plan is focussed on helping all of our young people to:
- Build positive relationships
- Make choices
- Be independent
- Make a contribution to society
- Move successfully to the next life stage
- Be safe and well in the world
- Achieve their potential
The Southfield Centre âCore Aspirations:
- Become independent learners
- Communicate needs, preferences and ideas
- Develop physical skills
- Fully engage in a wide range of learning opportunities
- Make friends, foster relationships and enjoy spending time with others