Careers Education and Employability
The Lindfield School views learners’ career development as an integral part of their education which includes:
- a process of personal and social development which begins in the home and continues through adult life.
- a process of constructive learning whereby learners are given opportunities, experiences, and responsibilities to equip them for their adult life.
- coping with choices and changes, and where possible, making informed decisions.
- opportunities to consolidate and generalise skills to a range of contexts in the community
- opportunities to gain relevant accreditation in preparation for work and employability
The Lindfield School first achieved the Quality in Careers Standard through Investors in Careers in April 2013. We have continued to renew the award every three years, most recently in May 2023.
Investor in Careers is an accredited National Licenced Awarding Body for The Quality in Careers Standard.
The Standard provides a clear framework for the requirements of:
- The Quality in Careers Standard accreditation criteria
- The 8 Gatsby Benchmarks for Good Career Guidance
- DfE statutory Duty and Ofsted preparation
The Lindfield School is fully committed to:
- The Quality on Careers Standard through Investors in Careers
- Delivering the 8 Gatsby bench marks
- Engagement with the Compass Plus tracking system
- Working in partnership with an Enterprise Advisor and an Enterprise Coordinator
We are active members of the East Sussex Careers Hub.
The Lindfield School Careers Education Lead Contact:
Ben Gubb 01323 502988 firstname.lastname@example.org
Enterprise Coordinator: Jack Scott
Enterprise Adviser: Sara Hawes